A Bell 206 had an encounter with a large bird Monday 4/2/18. No one was hurt, except the bird. The aircraft is based at the owners residence and the strike occurred a couple of miles from REI. We are in the migratory season and the new Citrus reservoir is a huge attraction for birds. We have seen geese over the airport very recently. Please be vigilant for bird activity when operating near REI. For more information about bird strikes, please read: AOPA’s Air Safety Instititute Safety Brief – Bird Strikes. Please report all wildlife strikes to the FAA online at: http://wildlife-mitigation.tc.faa.gov
- Congratulations Tony Pine on Your First Solo Flight!
- Fly-In Movie Night at Luxivair SBD – Saturday, October 17th
- Ten Secret Sights on the California Coast only Pilots can See and How to Fly them like a Pro – FAAST Webinar 9-28-20 @ 7PM PDT
- Update on California Bills SB 902 & SB 1120
- Protect our California Airports! Help Oppose SB 1120 & SB 902