March 16, 2019 – Spring Fling – REI
The RAA will once again be hosting our annual “Spring Fling” event at Redlands Airport. We will be serving a pancake breakfast with trimmings from 7:30 – 10:30. The suggested donation is $6. Pilots volunteering to flying Young Eagles eat for free!
We are also organizing a Flour Bombing contest. A two man crew is required. We will supply the flour bombs! Registration is at 8 am Entry is $5. A mandatory safety briefing will be held at 8:15. Prizes will be awarded.
EAA Chapter 845 will be conducting a Young Eagles event. Kids 8-17 can participate, but they must be accompanied by an adult. Registration is between 9-10. For more information contact: Beverly @ 909-771-3279, or Bill @ 909-844-3335
Flour Bombing Contest Rules
- Range safety officer functions as ground controller and calls all takeoffs on CTAF.
- Minimum altitude for bomb run is 1700 ft msl (126’ AGL)
- Altimeter should be set in runup area to field elevation (1574’).
- Bombing below the minimum altitude is cause for disqualification.
- Participants must have a 2-man crew (pilot and bombardier).
- Low wing aircraft with a vent window on left side requires the right-seat person to fly the plane while the bombardier sticks his hand out the vent window to release the bomb.
- Two passes only for each aircraft.
- Stay in the traffic pattern
- Final score is best of the two passes.
- Maintain runway heading during “bombing run”.
- Aircraft with closest hit to target wins
- Judges decision final
May 10th & 11th 2019 – Oceano Airport Celebration
May 18 & 19 – AirFest 2019 – REI
August 2019 – National Aviation Day – REI
November 2019 – Toys for Tots Toy Drive – REI
December 2019 – Toys for Tots Airlift – REI
Breakfast Club -Every VFR Sunday Morning
Want to fly out with the gang to exotic local destinations to enjoy a hearty breakfast? Pilots wishing to do so meet at the REI public lobby every Sunday at 7:30 am. Destination is selected at this meeting by the pilots in attendance.
Fun Places to Fly Aviation Events Calendar
Here’s a link to the events page of Fun Places to Fly. You can search by region, distance, zip code or airport identifier to find events at other airports.
Meetings of Importance to our Members
- The Redlands Airport Association meets monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 6pm in the public lobby at REI
- Redlands Airport Advisory Board meets the 1st Wednesday of every month at 6pm. Meetings usually are held at Redlands City Council Chambers and occasionally the Redlands Airport Public Lobby.
- Redlands City Council meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month. Agendas are posted 72 hours in advance for City Council meetings and Planning Commission meetings on the City of Redlands website.