It’s not looking like the weather will cooperate for our Toys for Tots airlift to Twenty Nine Palms Airport (KTNP) tomorrow. A wind advisory will still be in effect until late tomorrow afternoon for our route of flight. Forecast winds at KTNP at our arrival time are exceeding 20kts. Winds forecast at Redlands Airport at the planned time of our departure are a bit less at approx. 15kts but will be out of the NNE.
We planned an alternate date of Saturday 12-10 in case we had weather issues. The 10-day weather outlook looks great for rescheduling to the 10th. So, it’s a safer bet to reschedule our airlift until the 10th. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we all know weather considerations are always part of safe flying.
The planned times and air traffic procedures for the airlift will not change.
We know everyone gets busy around the holidays. We still need to get the toys to the USMC at KTNP. If you have volunteered as a pilot and you can’t fly because of the date change, or if you have questions please contact us at: email@example.com