A Bell 206 had an encounter with a large bird Monday 4/2/18. No one was hurt, except the bird. The aircraft is based at the owners residence and the strike occurred a couple of miles from REI. We are in the migratory season and the new Citrus reservoir is a huge attraction for birds. We have seen geese over the airport very recently. Please be vigilant for bird activity when operating near REI. For more information about bird strikes, please read: AOPA’s Air Safety Instititute Safety Brief – Bird Strikes. Please report all wildlife strikes to the FAA online at: http://wildlife-mitigation.tc.faa.gov
- Please Be Courteous in the REI Run-up Area!
- RAA Member Ensen Mason Sworn in Today as San Bernardino County Auditor-Controller/Treasurer/Tax Collector
- We Stuffed 34 Planes Full with Toys for Tots Today!
- We Collected a Mountain of Toys for Kids in Need – Thank You!
- Volunteers Prepare for Stuff a Plane with Toys for Tots